Paperwhites and amaryllis bulbs are beloved indoor bloomers during the holiday season. Easy and enjoyable to grow, right now is the time to get these bulbs planted.
- Paperwhites grace a space with their lovely white and fragrant flowers.
- Paperwhites bloom 4-5 weeks after planting. Plant in 2 week intervals for a long-lasting display.
- Grow in glass vases, bowls, dishes, or flower pots using soil or gravel with at least 2 inches of soil or gravel at bottom for drainage; pack soil around bulbs leaving the tips visible.
- Place in sunny and warm location and water when soil is dry as bulbs can easily rot.
- Amaryllis make an impact with their large and showy blooms atop tall stalks.
- Amaryllis bloom 6-8 weeks after planting.
- Grow in a preferably heavy pot as lightweight pots may tip over from weight of blooms.
- Plant in potting soil leaving about 1/3 of the bulb above the soil line, provide indirect, bright light, and water regularly once 2 inches of new growth emerges.